Requirements to volunteer
We operate each Thursday.
We are located at 2525 E. Valley Parkway, Escondido
- Ability to lift up to 20-25lbs.
- Knowledge that this is a very physical job.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Prolonged exposure to extreme heat and outdoor sun at times.
- Manual labor type work.
- Exposure to possible allergens.
- Will require close-toed shoes.
- Volunteers are expected to provide their own adequate sun protection i.e. hat, visor, sunscreen.
- MTA is not responsible for personal items. Please do not bring items of value to the facility.
- All volunteers must follow proper safety protocols while operating, moving or handling equipment
- All supplies used during a shift must be returned to MTA at the end of the workday.
- Persons with a history of back problems or health issues must be aware all work is very physical.
- You may not volunteer if you have had any cold/flu-like symptoms within the last two weeks.
- All volunteers are expected to conduct themselves in a professional, respectful and kind manner.
- Bullying, shaming or aggressive behaviors will not be allowed.
- No video or pictures of operations or of fellow volunteers may be taken or posted without MTA consent.
- MTA reserves the right to refuse help from volunteers or send them home without warning should they not follow MTA codes of conduct.
- Volunteers understand that they are working on a no-payment basis.
- No monetary gains will be permitted from being a volunteer of MTA.
- MTA is a non-profit. We are not affiliated with any other group.
- All volunteers will be required to sign waiver of liability prior to volunteering with MTA.